LEMON POPPY SEED BLUEBERRY PANCAKES
Serves: 6-7 pancakes
• 1 cup + 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
• 1½ tbsp baking powder
• ½ tsp sea salt
• 2 tbsp lemon zest (approx. 2 lemons worth)
• 2 tbsp poppy seeds
• ½ cup fresh or frozen blueberries
• 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
• 1 cup Silk Vanilla Soymilk
• 1 tbsp lemon juice
• ¼ cup sugar
1. Preheat a nonstick frying pan over medium heat.
2. Mix together flour, baking powder, and sea salt. Stir in the lemon zest, poppy seeds, and blueberries.
3. Add the lemon juice to the vanilla soy milk. Set aside for 5 minutes.
4. Stir sugar into the vanilla soy milk + lemon juice.
5. Stir the melted coconut oil into the dry ingredients.
6. Add the soy milk/lemon juice/sugar to the dry ingredients. Use a fork to mix well, until there are no lumps in the batter.
7. Spoon ¼-1/3 cup of the batter onto your preheated pan. Cook the first side for about 1-2 minutes – until the edges appear dry and cooked. Always flip the pancake before dry spots begin to form on the tops of your pancakes.
8. Flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
9. Store the cooked pancakes in a single layer on the racks in your warm oven – this will keep them warm but not soggy.
10. Continue cooking the pancakes until all the batter is used up. Makes about 6-7 pancakes.
To see my books visit http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B007F5H0H4
To see my other blog visit https://godslittlemiraclebook.wordpress.com/
Doesn’t this look like spring?
Lemony Lemon Brownies
• 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
• 3/4 cup granulated sugar
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
• 2 large eggs
• 2 tablespoons lemon zest
• 2 tablespoons lemon juice
For the tart Lemon Glaze:
• 4 tbsps lemon juice
• 8 tsps lemon zest
• 1 cup icing sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease an 8×8 inch baking dish with butter and set aside.
3. Zest and juice two lemons and set aside.
4. In the bowl of an electric mixture fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the flour, sugar, salt, and softened butter until combined.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, lemon zest, and lemon juice until combined.
6. Pour it into the flour mixture and beat for 2 mins at medium speed until smooth and creamy.
7. Pour into baking dish and bake for 23-25 mins, should turn golden around the edges.
8. Allow to cool completely before glazing. Do not overbake, or the bars will dry.
9. Filter the powdered sugar and whisk with lemon zest and juice.
10. Spread the glaze over the brownies with a rubber spatula and let glaze set.
11. Cut into bars and serve.
I got this from http://www.bestyummyrecipes.com/lemony-lemon-brownies