Sounds yummy, once good ripe tomatoes are plentiful.
Want an amazing and healthy side dish? Marinate sliced tomatoes with balsamic vinegar for 4-6 hours. Bake at 350 for about 7 minutes or a little tender. Meanwhile, saute spinach and garlic with a dash of salt and lemon juice. Put spinach on top of tomatoes and srinkle with low fat cheese of your choice (I chose Italian Blend) and broil until cheese is golden.
Here’s a fun recipe to try to spark interest in dinner.
These cabbage steaks only take four ingredients and a couple of minutes to prepare. Then toss them in the oven for an hour.
1 (approx 2 lb.) head of green cabbage, cut into 1″ thick slices
1.5 tablespoons olive oil
2 to 3 large garlic cloves, smashed
freshly ground black pepper
spray olive oil OR non-stick cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 400F and spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Pull outer leaf off cabbage (it’s usually dirty and nasty looking), cut cabbage from top to bottom (bottom being root) into 1″ thick slices.
2. Rub both sides of cabbage with smashed garlic.
3. Use a pastry brush to evenly spread the olive oil over both sides of the cabbage slices.
4. Finally, sprinkle each side with a bit of kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
5. Roast on the middle rack for 30 minutes. Carefully flip the cabbage steaks and roast for an additional 30 minutes until edges are brown and crispy. Serve hot and Enjoy!